Want great tips for the Family?

I write for The Examiner.com and would love to have you stop by and read my articles at:

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Today's writing assignment

Today's writing assignment for school is to write about myself. So...here goes.

If you are reading this blog, you already know that I am Lisa (Lytle) Huber because the side bar tells you that. I was born and spent most of my life in Big Flats, NY. (brief geography lesson: it's located between Horseheads and Painted Post. It's about 2 hours from Rochester, 2 hours from Syracuse, and 3 hours from Buffalo.) I was born a PK (Pastor's Kid) and a GMK (Grandkid of a Missionary Kid). I come from a long line of deeply rooted lovers of God.

I have brown hair, brown eyes wear glasses, have an inch or 3 more around my waste then I did 10 years ago, and love to eat, especially ice cream and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Since I am an avid gym-goer, it seems odd that these 2 things would be my weaknesses, but I guess everyone has something they crave!

I am a Pampered Chef Consultant (Team Leader, really), a home school teacher, and an Athletic Director by trade. Before you start laughing (those of you who have known me for a long time and know I'm not an athlete), I'm not a coach. I handle scheduling, planning, coach relations, and PR regarding athletics. I do not play. When asked if I'd want to do the Athletic Director job again this year or do something else, I said I definitely wanted to come back as A.D. It was difficult, and stretched me beyond my comfort zone, but I did learn a lot and LOVED working with our athletes.

I've been married to Phil for 10.5 years. Wow! Who would have guessed, huh? I still remember the " Female Communication student pact" about not dating Phil. I sure took a lot of razing for that, but I'm glad I broke the pact.

I'm the mother of an "almost 10 year old" daughter Lilly. She's started 4th grade today at The King's Academy. Lilly is a funny girl and is definitely a LEADER (all caps if you know her you understand!). I don't believe she has been a follower a day in her life. She is charismatic, spirited, and even strong-willed. Poor kid got a double dose of it from her parents. (at least I'm told it's more than her daddy who is strong willed!) She holds the character traits that will enable her to be a strong leader as an adult, but when dealt with in a kid, it's hard to harness them and allow the things that seem so frustrating to be directed in the proper direction. (Much like a young horse being "broken"...if you use a bit, it's much easier to get it to go in the direction you want it to go. Unfortunately, using a bit on a child would be considered inhumane!)

I'm also the monther of a 7 year old daughter named Katy. Katy is cute in a funny sort of way. She has a knack for making us laugh (many times at the most inopportune times) and desires to make people happy. She's a very hand's on student and loves to work with her Daddy as a Jr Technical Assistant (and even has her own Phillippe Performing Arts Center name tag she has to wear to work). She helps at chapel at least 2 times a week, can wrap an audio cable better than most of Phil's college student workers (sorry guys) and is even going to train them today as a live demo. I wish I could be there to see it!

Hobbies: exercising, reading, writing, listening to music, and playing wii cow racing.

Favorite musical artists: Michael W. Smith, Francesca Battistelli, Chris Tomlin, Chris Rice, Amy Grant, and Norah Jones.

1 comment:

Andy Lytle said...

Would love to see Katy's instructional video - sounds like fun! :-)